Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Learn to Love, and Be Loved



I pulled into the Costco gas station this morning, and it was a ghost town.  Just me and the attendant.  As I got out of the car, he began to open my car’s gas tank & pump my gas for me.  I kindly told him, “Thank you,” and began some small chit-chat.  However, midway through our conversation, it dawned on me, “do I need to tip this guy?”  But this guy didn’t seem to want anything from me, he seemed to just being giving out a kind gesture to a lady on her way to work.  

Have you ever found it hard to accept kindness from someone?  Especially a stranger.  It’s totally hard....and awkward, isn’t it?  But sometimes, we need to let people be kind to us.  Allow them to reach out and care for us.  Too often, as women we are so busy caring for others, that we forget to allow others to care for us.  

Has someone been trying to reach out to you lately?  How have you responded?  Think about it.  If we brush them off, they may not feel comfortable enough to do that kind gesture again for fear of rejection.  That’s kind of sad.  So, by you welcoming their kindness, you are really helping boost their self-confidence.  Not only are you blessed, but that kindness may be multiplied.  

So if that strange man wants to open the door for you today, let him.  If your girlfriend wants to pay for your meal, allow her.  And if your husband wants to massage your feet, let him (even if they are smelly).  

The phrase above is one I ran across in my UpperCase Living catalog.  It is available in vinyl lettering and I think would provide a great, daily reminder to us of this life lesson. The letter could go on a wall, on a mirror, or even a picture frame.  The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.  

Yours for Encouragement,

Mandi Will
636-293-5466
mandik01@gmail.com
http://mandiwill.uppercaseliving.net

Written: 3/21/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment