Tuesday, May 29, 2012

For God so loved...


Adam came in the church office this afternoon.  Honestly, he smelled of cigarettes.  Skinny guy, but very outgoing and enthusiastic.  He was with the pastor and had just given his life over to Jesus’ control.  He asked me, “When you first become a Christian, are you supposed to feel weird?”  I said, “You mean like a burden has been lifted off your shoulders?”  “YES!” he said.  

He needed gas money and food vouchers.  As I handed them to him, I asked if he had a Bible.  He said he did and was told to read from the book of John.  Perfect place to start. It’s important to start learning about Jesus first because he is the foundation of your new life.   He’s the one that’s gonna help you grow into the the new person he wants you to be.  

Like a child with many questions, Adam asked, “”What if I can’t get my mind off all the bad stuff I’ve done?  I feel so wicked.”  Stay disciplined and constantly remind yourself  “I am new.”  Keep looking forward.  Write “I am new” on your dashboard or bathroom window.  Surround yourself with Christian music that reminds you of how God sees you, beautiful and full of hope.  If you fall down, it’s okay, God will reach out his hand, take your elbow and lift you back up.  


What's your weakness? Where do you seem to always fall down? Is there a verse or phrase you could write one your walls, place on your desktop to help you stay focused on things above. Consider the John 3:16 to remind you or your family of how special you really are to Christ.


http://mandiwill.uppercaseliving.net

No comments:

Post a Comment