Wednesday, June 6, 2012

God Works For The Good of Those Who Love Him




A dear friend asked me earlier today, 
"What's been happening in your life since changing full time jobs?"  


As I began to share one thing after another, I was blown away by God's love and faithfulness to me.  I though it would be healthy to share how great our God is in my blog.  Although this is more of a testimony than a devotional, I think it will be inspiring all the same.



  1. My husband Chris and I have switched home churches.  We are now worshipping God in a new and refreshing way.  Hearing God's word from a new perspective.  We are really enjoying Destiny Church in Town & Country.  If you are looking for a solid, God honoring church, I encourage you to check out their website.   http://www.destinychurch.org/
  2. In March, our sweet baby girl Addy was dedicated the the Lord in our new church.
  3. In April, Isaac decided he was ready to be baptized. It was very powerful and moving.
  4. The Lord has been leading me to encourage women through writing devotionals in this blog. I'm not the most articulate writer, but I'm growing and developing this skill.  I write from my heart.  Which is why I have entitled my blog "A Glimpse Into My Heart"   I'd love for you to follow my blog and hopefully draw closer to the Lord through its words. http://mandiwill.blogspot.com/
  5. Although my departure from my last job was shocking and sudden, the Lord knew what was going on and had things lined up for me beautifully. The first day I left my beloved job, I told no one except my husband and mom. Probably just in sheer shock and because I couldn't stop crying. The next day, I gathered myself, sat in front of the computer all day long (applying for unemployment, developing my resume, applying for a few jobs). I spoke to no one. Then, at 2:30pm, I went to pick my son, Isaac up from school. On my way, I received a text message from one of the volunteers I served with at the radio station asking me, "Do you know any volunteers with a servants heart and good computer skills that might want to work in the church office with my mom full time?"   I was in astounded, I thought "Did she know I wasn't working for the radio station anymore?  Is this a cruel joke?" After calling her, I found out she had no idea I wasn't working there anymore. For months, she and her mom had been praying for God to bring the right person into West County Assembly of God to help her in the church office.  So, long story short, I had a new job within 4 days.  Don't miss this God moment!   In today's awful economy, I had a full time job, serving the Lord within just 4 DAYS!!!!!  All glory to God. I can't testify enough of how loving and caring our God is. This really showed me how true Romans 8:28 is.
  6. Once again, God has provided the full funding for my son, Isaac to stay at Twin Oaks Christian School for the 2012-2013 school year. This is truly a miracle because it is very rare that students are awarded full scholarships and there is no way we would be able to afford to send him to this great Christian school.  God's generosity just keeps flowing.   If you are looking for a great place to send your child to get a strong, faith building education, I highly recommend Twin Oaks.   http://twinoakschristianschool.org/
  7. Another way, I have been feel God's presence is through my part time business with Uppercase Living.  I sell vinyl lettering and decor for homes, cars, offices, etc.  The wording is powerful and encouraging.  All the designs are very professional looking and welcoming. This new business keeps me in contact with woman I love and introduces me to new woman I can minister to through my business.   Many photos from this blog are from the designs and inspiring quotations I sell.  http://mandiwill.uppercaseliving.net  

So maybe you didn't exactly ask me the question, but thanks for caring about how I am doing. The whole process of leaving a job I loved and adored  hasn't been easy. And I admit to still trying to work through some of the difficult feelings. But I am clinging to God and growing leaps and bounds. I appreciate you.

May you know the Lord Jesus Christ deeply loves you and has a special plan for you.  He knows your future, even when you do not.  He is always working FOR you, not against you.  He has got it all under control.  He is the all-powerful, all-mighty, all-consuming God of the universe.  And He is working on your behalf, ALL- THE- TIME!  Even when you do not feel it. Even when you do not see it.  Even in the midst of the chaos and the tears and the turmoil and the angst.  God loves you.  And He is actively pursuing you and working on your behalf.

And we know that in all things 
God works for the good of those who love him,
who have been called according to his purposes.  
~ Romans 8:28

Sleeping beauty, Addy on a recent road trip.   She is 19 months old now.


8 year old, Isaac always up for a good time and ready to enjoy life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment