Wednesday, June 13, 2012

LIFE...it's a four letter word



Given the choice, I would choose the New Testament over the Old Testament in a heartbeat.  This morning was no different.  But something or Someone nudged me to randomly open the Bible to the Old Testament for a change of pace.  Immediately my eyes fell on a verse that I must have read before.  It was already underlined.

Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, 
listen to his voice, and hold fast to him.  For the Lord is your life.  
Deuteronomy 30: 19-20

Ok, be honest.  How many of you thought about the Abortion Movement when you read that?  I did. Man, it just screams God is pro-life.  And I believe in my heart He is.  But that's not what this devotion is about.  

Re-read the verse again.  Slowly.  
  • When you are depressed and want to give up.  Choose life. 
  • When you are in the McDonald's Drive Thru picking out a quick breakfast.  Choose life. 
  • When you are sick as a dog and are avoiding a visit to the doctor.  Choose life.  
  • When a coworker says, "Hey, you wanna go out to to lunch?" and you know it'll throw your account into overdraft.  Choose life.
  • When you thought you were finished having children and then all of the sudden, "oops!"  Choose life. 
  • When you wanna take a razor blade to your wrist because you are desperate to just feel something, anything.  Choose life.  

Why?  
So that you and your children may live.  

When I choose life, not only does it benefit me, but it benefits my children and family.  It also opens me up to more blessings.

  1. A deeper love of the Lord. Mmmm, now that is sweet!   
  2. Hearing the voice of the Almighty God of the Universe. How cool is that!
  3. And a faith built on a firm foundation.  Finally peace and security.

So, come on. Be a little selfish. 
Choose life.


As always, sometimes we need a little help remembering daily to "Choose Life." 
I'd love to help you find the perfect inspiration to help keep you on track.  
Uppercase Living brings the incredible expressiveness of words into homes, 
transforming them into more wonderful places to live.
Visit my Uppercase Living Website:


No comments:

Post a Comment